Monday, February 6, 2012

Which of these baby names...? Please help me choose....?

hubby is of lebanese descent so we'd like to keep the names for our baby ethnic arabic, at the same time we want something that sounds beautiful, and is easy to pronounce and remember for non arabic speakers. here's my list of names with meanings, please choose the ones u think are best:

Girls:

Amani - wishes, aspirations

Fatima - dont know the actual meaning, but i like it

Layla - the night

Safiya - pure, clear

Saleema - peaceful

Samara - soft light

Shalah - the blushing one

Tala - young tree

Yamina - blessed

Zayna - beautiful



Boys:

Eisa - arabic name for jesus

Eliyas - arabic name for elisha i think

Hassan - handsome

Ismael - one of abraham's son

Layth - gentle rain

Mustafa - chosen one

Omar - companion

Rayyan - Luxuriant

Shams - sun

Talal - admirable



*names like adam, sarah, salma, lena, shakira, iman, yasmine, rayhana, nura and aliya are also well known arabic names but

they're much too common...do be nice...thnks!Which of these baby names...? Please help me choose....?
I like Shayla for a girl...its pretty and unique without being weird...I like Layth for a boys name....reminds me of Leif Garrett.
Layla and Eliyas are my favorite.



Good luck!Which of these baby names...? Please help me choose....?
I like Layla the best for a girl, very easy to pronounce in english and a beautiful name.

For the boy name, all of those names are tricky. They all look arabic, and to give your child some freedom consider picking an arabic name that is easier to people here to prononce, you don't want your child to have to fix everyone everytime someone tries to read his name. Out of the those I like Omar the best.Which of these baby names...? Please help me choose....?
i really like layla for a girl and layth for a boy.. the sound unique and special and beautiful.. wel handsome for layth

you can also try out babynames.com if y=u dont really think yur names wrk...
Personally I love Fatima, Layla, Tala, and Yamina for the girl name and Omar, Talal, Eisa, and Mustafa for a boy
Amani and Fatima, They are so pretty and feminine.

Eliyas and Hassan I think are pretty cool boys name.
samara! i like that its really cute! also layla!!! and for boys hassan talal is kinda cool!!! but keep looking!!! =) where did you find all these names??
I LOVE the name Layla



Good Luck!
Layla and Layth are my favorites
Girls:

Amani

Layla

Zayna



Boys:

Layth

Rayyan

Talal
girl

Layla, Tala and Zayna

They are pretty, and easy to say

boys

Omar, Rayyan are good

How about Jamal, it means handsome
Amani and Saleema and Omar and Hassan. I also like the name Jamila for a girl, it means beautiful.
I GUESS I AM THE ODD BALL OUT BUT I REALLY LIKE SAFIYA AND RAYYAN
Girls: I like Layla the best

Boys: Ismael or Omar
i like layla and layth
I've alwayysss loved the name Meleka for a girl. I'm not sure on spelling, but it's an Arabic name meaning angel.



On the list my favorite girls name is Yamina, it sounds very pretty. On the boys list Mustafa sounds very strong, and I like it, but it sounds like a name kids could make fun of. Eliyas is cool, it sounds like a name of someone whose going to be goodlooking when he grows up. Ismael and Omar I like but both of those of very very common in my opinion.
I like...

Layla

Safiya

Shalah

Tala



Eisa

Layth



Is Asa Arabic? I really like that name.
I like Layla and Shalah best of the girl's list. I like Eliyas and Omar best of the boy's list. Congratulations on your new arrival!
Your girls names are so beautiful:



Layla Amani_________________

*wishes of the night*



Tala Samara_________________ (Tayla-?)

*soft tree light*



Zayna Shalah_________________(I love Zayna)

*beautiful blushing one*



Amani Safiya________________

*pure wishes*



Boys******

Layth Ismael_________________

Omar Hassan________________

Eisa Rayyan_________________(my fav)



good luck!
I love Fatima (which means "to abstain," by the way, but is also the name of the only daughter of Muhammad to carry on his line), Layla, Samara (though Samira seems more fitting) and Zayna for girls. ;) Safiya/Safiyyah is also nice, but given the similarity to top-ten Sophia, perhaps "too common," given your ending comments. ;)



For the boys, I quite like Ishmael, but isn't Ismael the Spanish form? Omar is my other favorite. Per your aversion to more common choices, however, I find Hassan and Mustafa perhaps a bit too predictable. Not that they ARE common in and of themselves, but they seem the more stereotypical sort of choices that might SEEM too common, if you follow. And since you do like Zayna for a girl, why not masculine Zayn for a boy? I quite like that as well!



Hope that helps! ;)
I love the name Layla for a girl. Very pretty.
Eliyas - arabic name for elisha i think

Layla - the night



Ilike these
Girls:



Layla

Samara

Tala

Zayna

Sarah



Boys:



Layth

Ismael

Eliyas
Tala is my favorite, we had Talia on our favorites list but decided on Gracelyn



Hassan sounds like a great name to give a son
i like Safiya that pretty! and Samara.

as for boy names Eliyas.
For girls: Fatima because it's different but beautiful and Layla - that is what I plan on naming my daughter if I have one



For boys: Eliyas and Talal Both sound like strong names



You have a lot of great names here and a lot of work cut out for you in choosing. Good luck with the baby!
I like Layla, Zayna, and Samara. For boys, none.
Girls:

Samara, Layla



Boys:

Eliyas, Omar
Layla

Safiya

Ismael

Omar
I like Rayyan and Saleema
i 鈾?the name Layla! and i like Eliyas for a boy.
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment