Friday, February 3, 2012

What do you think of a baby having 2 middle names?? Both middle names have VERY special meanings...?

Im def. having a boy and dont know if I will have any more boys, so I want our son to have my husbands grandfathers middle name and my grandfathers first name. The middle name would be Leroy-Ahlen. Is my son gonna hate me for this someday??What do you think of a baby having 2 middle names?? Both middle names have VERY special meanings...?
I think it would be cool. I have heard of a lot of people with more than one middle name. Also, people in other countries (like Mexico and others) often have more than just one first name and one middle name. One of my good friends from Puerto Rico has a first name and a middle name and his mother's last name and then his father's last name.



I don't see what the problem would be. Especially if you tell him all about why you chose that name, he will love it I think. It would also be cool if in his baby book, you put a picture of each of the people he is named after, so that when he looks at it, he will know who they were.
it's you rkid do what you wantWhat do you think of a baby having 2 middle names?? Both middle names have VERY special meanings...?
My son has 3 names; Jameson Trey Blake. Like your situation, all the names have a very valuable meaning, regardless of what people think. He goes by Trey, but I'm sure by the time he gets to school, his buddies will rename him whatever they think fits. I wonder the same thing, 'is he gonna hate me for this?!' But really, once they're to an age to understand, they'll appreciate the meaning.What do you think of a baby having 2 middle names?? Both middle names have VERY special meanings...?
If you generally don't use the first name and middle name together, ( I do ) but many don't . I wouldn't worry about it . Unless the 4 Initials spell something that he'll get laughed at for.
Do it. I have two first names and three middle names, and I survive. Haha.
I like the idea of having two middle names. It's very unique, and if they're names that mean a lot to you, then definitely go for it.
I think it's fine to have 2 middle names. My younger brothers both have 2 middle names. Most of the time they only use the initial of their first middle name though. If you hyphenate it to Leroy-Ahlen, then technically it's only one middle name and the middle initial would be L. But if you don't hyphenate it (ex: John Leroy Ahlen Doe) then it would be two middle names. Either way it really won't be that big of a deal. And since the names have so much meaning to you, then you should use them. Middle names aren't used that often, so I doubt your son will hate you. He will probably be honored to be named after two special people.
NO
I think giving a child two middle names wont hurt anything. When he gets older just explain to him the special meanings behind each name. I believe if you bring him up knowing this he shouldn't be upset at all. Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope you have a healthy, beautiful child.
my mom has 2 middle names

i dont even have 1

mom says middle names are completely useless
it sounds fine. and i've known kids with more than two middle names. you're fine
If it means something, than I think it's fine. If and when I have a baby girl someday, her middle name is going to be SarahJane, named after my biffle :)

I say you go for it!



Good luck and congrats! 鈾?/div>
  • 4 years ago
  • Report Abuse

I'm considering giving my child two middle names when the time comes.... There are so many out there, why limit yourself?
Good idea. I have 3 middles names! He will love you for it when you explain the reason to him.
I think if you explain to your son one day where these names came from, he will understand. He will most likely feel proud to carry his great-grandfathers' names. I think it's fine since it's so meaningful and special to you.
I SAY GO FOR IT! I have always said I would give my children as many names as I wanted...three at the least..to honor some relatives...alas, I was never fortunate to have my own (I am, however, a step-mom to three)..but had I had a son, it was to be, James David Cecil (to honor my grandfathers and my Dad), and a girl would have been, Hannah Elizabeth LeAnne...

Congratulations on your impending arrival...cherish this time...name your son whatever you want to...and I hope you and your family have a blessed, happy, healthy addition to your lives.
My father had two middle names, John Kenneth Thomas plus our last name- was his name. Years ago you had to have a saint's name to be baptized in a Catholic Church (this was 1929). He always even in school and later on went by Kenneth and dropped the John except for his birth certificate. I know of a neighbor also who had a son John Michael Thomas Beecher. It is no big deal. I would maybe not hypenate it though? Why would your son hate it-it is very special! Good luck.
thats a nice name! it has a significant meaning. when he gets older he would understand the importance of it.
My son has two middle names! Only catch we have sometimes is when you're filling out forms that ask for his middle initial...we just use the first one.
no, i dont think hell hate you.

me and my 2 brothers and a sister all have 2 middle names and none of us didnt like it.

Infact my sisters had 2 children who have four names and im about to have my first and weve got 2 middle names picked out for our son.

I think its fine and alot more ppl r doing it now days so he wont be the only 1
If you like the name and it makes you happy, go for it. Most people never even have to use their middle names, so if the child doesn't like it, it's not going to be a big deal.
i love when kids have 2 differant middle names 2 of my nephews have 2 middle names
I'd go for it. If it means something special to you, it doesn't matter what the 'lil bugger thinks. He'll grow to love it when he learns what it means. That's not to say he won't like it already though. Go with YOUR INSTINCT.
I don't hate my mother and my middle name is Ann Louise. They are family names so I think it's pretty cool :)



Believe me, it also works quite well when you are yelling at your child so long as it flows. Christina Ann Louise (add in last name and I knew I was going to die LOL).
no bc most kids dont go by there middle name so i doubt he will mind, and besides its a great reaminder of his realatives

No comments:

Post a Comment