Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby names, second thoughts?

Has any other mom to be or moms out their second guessed the name they picked for their baby? I keep thinking about it mainly because my mother does not like the name we picked for our little girl. She keeps bugging me about it, trying to suggest more names and meanings. We chose Emilee Ann mainly because it was a name we both agreed on and with a very strong well rounded meaning. Meaning Emilee- a strong hard working women and Ann meaning grace. I know its our child and she really has no say in the name we pick but I was just curious if any other women feel this way.Baby names, second thoughts?
I haven't heard of any babies called Emilee lately. Just an Emmerson.



And who cares if her name is popular? You can never tell anyway, we picked Rosabella thinking it would be nice and unique and everyone is really into the bella names now, so there's bound to be more rosabella's running around! But you know what? Our baby is still unique! She is the only one of her no matter what her name is!



Tell your mom 'she came out of MY VAGINA!! I'll decide!!!'
Well I personally love your baby name. But I was like you, I wanted to name my daughter Natalie Isela(since we are hispanic) I needed a name easy to pronounced, well, here we go everyone said Natalie is so this, orthat. Well I said it will only be Isela then. (love the name) But at the hospital, I thought about the name Kaitlin. I liked it, he liked it, and that's her name. If you ask her she will tell you my English name is Kaitlin, and my Spanish name is Isela. She sounds so cute, she is 4. But having the same problem with my new baby, we like the name Jacob, and no one else does!! But honestly who cares. But if I have another girl Natalie will be her name!Baby names, second thoughts?
The names aren't bad - though I'd personally not go for them - and it's a name which will age well and sounds nice together. However, I don't like the spelling. Though Ann isn't a huge problem (I personally do prefer it spelt Anne) I don't really like how you've got Emilee because the spelling looks a bit made up. I'd personally spell it Emily Ann(e), but that's just me.



As for your mum do you know why she's bothered by the name you're choosing? I know it's entirely up to you but maybe you should ask your mum as to why she doesn't like them, but also remind her that it's up to you and your husband as well.



VictoriaBaby names, second thoughts?
Emily Ann would be very pretty. I'd rethink the Emilee spelling -- it will mean your daughter has to continually correct people on the spelling of her name. That gets very tiresome. The 'uniqueness' is just not worth all the hassle imo.



I'm surprised that you're trying to stay away from 'cutsie' names, since the "ee" ending of Emilee is what I'd term cutsie. It fits in with the phonetic, 'baby-talk' spelling that is quite trendy at the moment.
dont listen to your mother, Emiliee Ann is a beautiful name. yeah i have met a lor of emilys but i think its one of the most beautiful classic names out there. emily works well for a little girl, teenager, and an adult. its a great name, dont be second guessing it, i love it. and i love it with Ann for the middle name, it sounds really nice together. good choice in picking the name emily.

hope your mom ges off your back, and i hope this helps a little. good luck =)
Don't let someone other than you and your husband influence you second guessing a name. Forget what she says, it's a pretty name! On the other hand, if you or your husband decide that one of you personally (with no MIL influence) doesn't completely love the name, then maybe it's best to think of a couple of other options. Then, when the baby's born, if you have a few options, you can decide which name suits her personality the best.
My mother hated the name I chose for my youngest one, Brooklynn Grace. The name she wanted (Tamar Riley) was awful in my opinion. She stopped once she saw I wouldn't pick a different name. Plus, she helped name my first one (Maya Ann) so she left us alone about the name. Your mom will leave you alone when your baby is born. When the baby is 5 years old she wont be like 'gosh what an awful name!' just listen to it until the baby is born and hear what she has to offer. Maybe you'll like her names even more then Emilee Ann. Good luck and congrats!
I think the names you have chosen are perfectly ok. Too bad if your mother doesn't like the name - it's not her decision. I think once your daughter is born your mother will love the name.



Sorry, I didn't go through this when I had my three children. We kept the names to ourselves until the babies were born. I also have three grandchildren and while my two daughters did discuss names with me, the decision belonged to my daughters and their husbands.
Ann is beautiful, I'm not real fond of the Emilee spelling, I prefer the old fashioned way Emily
I LOVE the name. My aunt was pressured by her mom to name her daughter Sarah instead of Bailey, she still regrets it because she liked the name Bailey so much better.
Don't listen to anyone else's opinion! I love the name Emily!
Everyone has their opinion, but once bub is born and you name her that will be it. Don't try and please other people.
emilee isn't bad. i hate ann
It's a lovely, simple name. Good job!

Even if it is popular, that means it used a lot because its a great name

No comments:

Post a Comment